Please find below some helpful information for planning your trip to Unofficial Histories 2015.
- IAMsterdam Tourist Information: http://www.iamsterdam.com/en/visiting
- Skyscanner Flight Comparison http://www.skyscanner.net/
- Trivago Hotel Search http://www.trivago.com/
On Friday 5th June 2015, the conference will be held at the International Institute of Social History, which is located at Cruquiusweg 31, 1019 AT, Amsterdam, The Netherlands. On Saturday 6th June 2015, we will be exploring different sites in the city (venues to be confirmed).
Getting to the International Institute of Social History
- From Amsterdam Central Station: bus 22, bus stop Veelaan.
- From Amsterdam Station Zuid: bus 65, bus stop Veelaan.
- From Amsterdam Station Muiderpoort: bus 22, bus stop Veelaan or walk (15 minutes walking distance; head east on Insulindeweg and go left on the large crossing with traffic lights. You are now on Molukkenstraat/Veelaan which leads directly to the IISH).
- From the centre of Amsterdam: tram 7 to Molukkenstraat (10 minutes walking distance), tram 10 to Van Eesterenlaan (5 to 10 minutes walking distance), tram 14 to Javaplein (5 to 10 minutes walking distance).
- More information on the public transport website.
Hotels and Accommodation
Here are some suggestions for where you might stay in Amsterdam for the conference:
- Hotel Arena http://www.hotelarena.nl/nl
- Stayokay Zeeburg http://www.stayokay.com/nl/hostel/amsterdam-zeeburg
- Lloyd Hotel & Cultural Embassy http://www.lloydhotel.com/
- The Manor Hotel http://www.hampshire-hotels.com/en/hampshire-hotel-the-manor-amsterdam
- Air BnB Local Rooms and Apartment Rentals https://www.airbnb.co.uk
Hotels are not necessarily endorsed as we haven’t stayed at all of them, so please do check Tripadvisor and price comparisons sites before booking.