Many thanks for being a part of Unofficial Histories 2013! Here’s some useful information for travel, finding us, etc…
Saturday 15 June 2013 (for all attendees):
The conference will be held in the John Dalton Building (pictured!), Chester Street (which is just off Oxford Road) Manchester, M1 5GD (or postcode M15 6BH)
- There’s a PDF campus map here.
- We’re opposite the old BBC site (now a carpark!), near to STA travel shop (which is on the corner of Chester Street)
- There are some doors to the John Dalton building on Oxford Road but these are not in use. Please use the entrance on Chester Street.
- The John Dalton building opens at 9am on Saturday. Registration is between 9am and 9.30am.
- Full travel directions from train stations and for driving are online here.
- You will be able to park for free in the MMU carpark if you are coming by car (please email me firstname.lastname@example.org and I’ll give you instructions).
- Please join us for post-conference drinks at Odder bar on Oxford Road from 5pm(ish)
Sunday 16 June 2013 (for those with a Weekend ticket):
- All walks begin at 10:30am.
- Different walks have different starting points, please check the details of the walk you’ve picked here.
- The film screening take place at 13:30-15:30 in the Coal Store room at the People’s History Museum, Left Bank, Spinningfields, Manchester M3 3ER.
- Directions to the museum online here.
And for the tweeters amongst you, we’ll be using the hashtag #UH13
Hope that helps! Any questions, drop us a line!